Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant—the #1-selling branded children’s cough cold product* appropriate for ages two and up—is a topical cough medicine with medicated vapors. It starts working quickly for adults as well to relieve cough symptoms.
Adults and children 2 years and over:
• For cough suppression
• Rub a thick layer on throat and chest
• Cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
• Keep clothing loose about throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
• Use up to three times daily or as directed by doctor
For muscle / joint minor aches and pains
• Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
Children under 2 years: do not use
Active Ingredients: Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic), Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant), Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)
Inactive Ingredients: Cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil.
• VapoRub is applied externally, so it doesn’t interact with other medications the way pills can.