1. Safe and Effective
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children is over 90% effective at preventing COVID-19 in children ages 5 through 11 years
2. Protect from spreading COVID-19 to others
- Protect the whole family, including siblings who might not be eligible for the vaccination and members who might become extremely ill if they become infected.
- Keep them in school and make sure they are participating in sports, playdates, and other group activities safely.
- Reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community.
3. Side effects after vaccination, which are normal signs
Possible of side effects may include:
- Soreness at the injection site
- Muscle aches
- Low-grade fevers
Your child might not be able to do basic daily activities due to these side effects, but they will go away after a few days. For some kids, there are no side effects.
There are more benefits of getting vaccinated against COVID-19 than risks.
4. COVID-19 vaccine dose given to children is base on ages.
- The dosage of COVID-19 vaccine does not vary by weight, but by age on the day of vaccination. However, children will need a second shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine three weeks after their first shot.
- In the event that a child turns 12 between the first and second dose, then the second dose should be the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in those 12 years and older. If a child receives the vaccine for children aged 5-11 years for a second dose, the dose is not required to be repeated, and the child is considered fully vaccinated.
5. Children who have already had COVID-19 should still get the vaccine.
- Fully vaccinated individuals have better protection than those who have just been exposed to COVID-19.
- Children should wait to be vaccinated until they have met the criteria to end their quarantine session at home.